Sunday, November 7, 2010

I'm so crafty, I make...

Hair! Ha! I've been growing my hair out for a Locks of Love donation, and last week was the big day. So, in memory of Julie, and my aunt Georgeanna, and in honor of my friend Kelli and everybody else fighting cancer... I went from this:


to this! Big thanks to Hannah at Gretchen Scott Salon in Woodinville, WA, for a fantastic (and free!) haircut. I really love having shorter hair again.


Funny thing is, I hated (hated!) my red hair when I was growing up. If I had been given a chance to get a wig back then, I wonder if I would have said "hey, make mine blonde, please!". Oh well, I hope my donation helps make a kid happy, whether they already have red hair or just want to try it out for fun. :-)

11 comments:

  1. That is absolutely fantastic Evelyn! :) And wow--even with the cut, your hair still has good length! I had long hair and got it chopped a couple of years ago, but my hair was so damaged I couldn't imagine that anyone would use it for anything. Yours looks fantastic! :)

    I'm SURE there will be a need for that beautiful red hair of yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair is beautiful, Evelyn. So is your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you rock. and i second sheila's comment

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hated my curly hair as a kid, and now I love it. Although I've always wished it was red!

    Kudos to you for donating your hair. I've done it once, but I'm not sure I can find it in me to grow it that long again, so bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you're so awesome!! some little redhead is going to be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are amazing!!!! the new hair looks so great. makes me want to get a haircut!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How very generous of you!! I know that a child will be thrilled to receive your beautiful hair.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! Wonderful! I did this about three years ago and am thinking about growing my hair out to do again. Such a tremendous gift you are giving!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YOU ROCK!!! Well done...hugs Khris

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful thing to do! Kudos to you. And your red hair is beautiful! Who could tell from the tiny glimpse of hair in your photo?

    ReplyDelete